General Health Advice
This page is currently being developed as part of the Practice website redesign.
We are working with our Patient Participation Group members to obtain their input to ensure that the content and layout provide the information, advice, and access to the relevant services that our patients need.
Options for getting General Health Advice
We recognise that sometimes you don’t need to see a GP but may want some general health advice. May we suggest several options:
- Go to a pharmacy for advice and treatment for minor conditions that do not need a prescription. For more about services you can get from a pharmacist please follow this link to how your pharmacy can help>>
- Other online health services such as the NHS Health A-Z (www.nhs.uk/conditions) can offer a point of reference to check out conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and when to get help.
- Visit 111.nhs.uk for urgent medical advice for people aged 5 and over only.
- Call NHS 111 if you have an urgent medical problem, but you're not sure what to do.
- Request General Advice using eConsult – Please be patient if you have sent in a non-urgent or routine request. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Please note eConsults are only available during Practice Opening Hours:>>
You may be offered a LIVI GP appointment when you call to book an appointment as these appointments are generally available within a few days. The LIVI GPs have the same access to your medical records as have all clinicians at the Practice.